Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ike To Bat Cleanup

Special thanks to Rob Berkenblit for the photo.

Ryan Braun was 2-4 with 1 BB (IBB), 1 double (his 11th), 1 RBI, 1 run scored, and 1 SB (his 9th) against the Pirates.

Batting 3rd, Ian Kinsler was 1-4 with 1 BB and 1 RBI against the Orioles.

Kevin Youkilis was 1-3 with 1 BB against the Twins. Youk leads all of baseball in walks.

Batting cleanup, Ike Davis was 1-4 against the Nationals. Jerry Manuel has stated that Davis will bat cleanup for the foreseeable future. I am actually not a fan of this move. Putting way too much pressure on a rookie, if you ask me.

Gabe Kapler was 0-2 against the Yankees.

John Grabow picked up his 6th hold of the season. He pitched 1 inning and gave up 1 run on 2 hits and 1 K. Maybe I spoke too soon when I thought he had turned it around...

1 comment:

William J. Tasker said...

I agree about Davis. He should stay in the sixth hole all season.