Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Self-Indulgent Post

Kevin Youkilis was 2-4 with 1 BB, 2 doubles (his 32nd and 33rd), and 2 runs scored against the Rays.

Ryan Braun was 1-5 with 1 double (his 30th) against the Cardinals.

Batting 3rd, Ian Kinsler was 0-4 against the Blue Jays.

Fantasy Baseball Update:
I finished in 1st place by a wide margin. My record was 138-64-8. Out of the 14 teams in the league, I led all of them in every offensive category (runs scored, RBIs, stolen bases, total bases), except OBP (I was 3rd best). As far as the pitching categories are concerned, I was 3rd in quality starts and WHIP, 4th in strikeouts, 5th in ERA, and 7th in net saves.

The playoffs have started, and things aren't going too well at the moment. Hanley Ramirez is banged up and appears day to day. I lost Nyjer Morgan for the year with a broken hand. And now Huston Street has biceps tendinitis. Luckily, this week is a bye week.

1 comment:

William J. Tasker said...

Hey! Congrats on your success.