Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ausmus Backed Into A Corner

What started out as a "pinched nerve" in Brad Ausmus' back has turned into a herniated disk. Ausmus will have surgery tomorrow to repair the herniated disk. The 41-year old catcher says this will not force him into retirement. He intends to come back this season.

The Dodgers hope he could be back on the field by late summer. I have seen my dad in a lot of pain with multiple herniated disks. Frankly, I don't see Ausmus coming back from this. But I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Kevin Youkilis was 1-3 with 2 BBs and 1 run scored against the Twins.

Ryan Braun was 1-5 with 1 run scored against the Cubs.

1 comment:

William J. Tasker said...

I don't see Ausmus coming back either. A herniated disk at the age of 41? Not a good indicator of future possibilities.