Friday, July 31, 2009

Youk a Fierce Foe of the O's

Kevin Youkilis was 3-4 with 1 HR (his 18th), 2 RBIs, and 2 runs scored against the Orioles. He has 61 RBIs and 66 runs scored on the year.

Ryan Braun was 1-5 with 1 run scored against the Padres.

Ian Kinsler sat out once again with a strained left hamstring. I hope I don't wind up eating my words when I said I didn't think it was too serious.

Josh Whitesell was 0-2 with 1 BB against the Mets. The good news is even though he's been hitting around the Mendoza Line for the better part of the season, his OBP is still .363.

Sam Fuld was recalled to replace the injured Reed Johnson. He was 0-1 today against the Marlins.

John Grabow was very good in his debut with the Cubs. He pitched 1 inning of scoreless relief on 1 BB and 1 K against the Marlins.

Ryan Sadowski picked up his 4th loss of the season against the Phillies, although he didn't pitch too badly. He went 4 innings and gave up 1 run on 3 hits, 3 BBs, and 3 Ks. He lowered his ERA to 4.45. Other than the 3 BBs, the only concern I would have about the outing is it took him 83 pitches to get through those 4 innings. Not exactly efficient.

No comments: